Tuesday, July 5, 2011

father's day? how about father's year?

Assalamualaikum..
Actually, I don’t understand the logic behind “Father’s Day” or “Mother’s Day” or even “Parents’ Day”.. I think this is just a crazy excuse for those who can’t donate their precious little time to their parents so giving them a present on their specific day is going to be enough. The Quran teaches us to love and respect our parents every single day, so we don’t have one designated day where we say I love you dad! and the rest where we go “UGH I HATE YOU GET OUT OF MY LIFE YOU RUINED IT!” 


Nah-uh. That’s not how it works. A family doesn’t work that way. Once you’re in, you’re in. You can’t have designated days to love, that love’s gotta be endless and unconditional! They do so much for you, do they make a “Children’s Day” where they take all their kids out shopping or feed them food or send them to school? No. Every day for our parents is Children’s Day, so everyday for us children should be Parent’s Day. That's just my opinion. But i respect everyone's choice. May Allah bless. :)