Sunday, March 27, 2011

not intended to offend..

I am not perfect; I think the idea of a perfect person is absurd and impractical. Still, the human race continues to search for this one criterion to be their mate, though preferences differ.

But one thing I am clear about; I do not care who smokes or who doesn’t, who is a virgin or isn’t, who drinks or doesn’t, who is screwing who now, or who is gay. Why? Because people make decisions and some of them are bad calls, but that does not give you the right to judge them base on the predicament they came to make. My religion is clear on these things, but whatever I choose to do; my head is on the line.

Smoking used to be looked at as the in thing to do, even doctors recommend smoking to relieve stress related problem. Until they found out that it shortens your life expectancy by a wide margin and the suffering you have to endure with cancer and emphysema and all those diseases. But yea, I’ve friends who have or are smoking. It’s typical for parents to say “You shouldn’t be friends with him/her,” because they’re smoking. It’s only their instinct to look after their young. If you’re old enough, or at least mature enough, you would probably come to think that not everyone who smokes is bad people. Really, I’ve seen people who actually think that. And so far, I’ve never heard any one of my friends went robbing or raping someone. That typical mindset is hilarious and pathetic. He smokes, thus conclusion, a bad person. Wow, genius.

Same goes to the virgin thing. The judgement is harsh on females, if you live where I do, you might get shunned *gasps*. I know some girls who aren’t, and they’re not sluts as people assume by what they see in tv. They didn’t do it because they’re sleeping around or even with random guys, its mostly with guys they know very well or trust. I’m not saying it’s right, but again, you can’t judge someone base on that. There is more to a person than the appearance, and if you can’t see that, too bad for you. Some of these are nice girls who make bad choices. And to hear people, especially guys, calling them by all those ever wonderful words, I just kind of feel sorry. But yea, you can’t tell if a guy is actually a whore or not, claps for you.

Gay or straight; the controversial topic. Personally, I have no problem with the gay part as long as it’s not my husband. Seriously, they’re just different in the sexual department. I know Malaysia has this attitude towards the gay community (Saya Gay, Saya Ok). Okay, that was the dude’s fault, he should’ve known better than to go public about his orientation. Keep it on the DL if some of you are, it’s safer. Preferably, I wouldn’t want anyone I know to be gay, but if you are, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t befriend you. Someone once said to me “If you know they are gay, you shouldn’t shut them out. It’s hard enough to know that you’re different, they shouldn’t have to face it alone. You could be a good example, give advice to them and support. Who knows, maybe one day they’ll see the light and change?

This is just my point of view, you might argue with some of my points and disagree. It is all entirely up to you. I admit, the smoking and drinking bothers me, but when they don’t do it, they are just like any other person. Just remember that not everyone likes to be judged, people change; it isn’t fair. Treat people the way you would want to be treated. Life’s a wheel.