Sunday, May 8, 2011

my hijab story

Assalamualaikumm.. :)
How's life? Hope today is better than yesterday was..
I wanna share my hijab story to you guys.. Hope you all will get some benefits or maybe hidayah from Him after reading this story of mine.. :)

Well i started when i was 12. It has been almost 9 years and now I’m at a point where if I feel any breeze on my ears or if I see a single strand of hair, it is uncomfortable beyond belief.

I started to wear it after my primary school only because there was the time that my mom told me that i have to wear hijab, not have to but must to wear it. And also because my group of friends were starting as well as we were entering secondary school and there were about 7 to 8 of us and somehow now there are only 2 (me and another friend of mine) who continue to wear it.

I started because everyone else was starting to wear it and I had those two piece hijabs with the cap and what not and lol i looked really funny looking back at those pictures but Alhamdullilah as time went on, I grew and I'd learned why I must wear it and all the benefits. I had people come up to me ask me a lot about it and because I wanted to be able to answer them, I learned a lot myself. Now, it is a part of me. It is my identity. I love that whenever anyone lays a glance at me they automatically know that this girl is a muslimah and i have strangers smiling at me for it and giving me salams all the time and really, there is so much beauty in that.

I still remember when I was told by my mom that i have to wear hijab, there were lots of questions come into my mind like 'why I have to wear it?','will i have to wear it when only my mom is with me?' and etc. Then, I ask my mom.. 'Mom, why I have to wear hijab? Why Allah put this order to all the girls?'. My mom answer me shortly yet meaningful.. 'Listen dear.. Nothing that Allah had order doesn't give any benefit to us. Someday you'll know my dear why Allah order us to wear it. insyaAllah". And now after I learned a lot about it, I know already why I must wear it and I feel grateful as I wear it til now.. :')

I remember in my transition phase, I’d only wear it to school and no where else so urmm some boys from my primary school class had seen my hair outside and until the secondary school when i met them back, I had to hear them say “ Seha, I still remember your hair, this long right, bla bla bla bla” & I smile about it now but it was very irritating back then.

Alhamdullilah.. Allah swt has made this so much easier on me and I know I am more beautiful because i choose to cover. Til this day I still get tempted every now and then but its a constant struggle and one day at a time I’m taking it on. I didn’t realize the importance of it up until much later on but im glad i do know now and i didn’t give up when everyone else had. Alhamdullilah.. May Allah bless :')